JOIN OUR TEAM - CURRENT VACANCIES - MAY 2018
SOUS CHEF - Position open Winter 2018
We are looking for a Sous with international fine dining experience, preferably 3+ years working in starred or hatted kitchens. You will help run the kitchen and have creative input. Ideally you will also have experience cooking over woodfire.
You'll need to be confident and outgoing as this is an open plan restaurant where chefs run dishes to the table and diners enjoy our chefs pass concept. Training in restaurant service is provided but only you can bring the personality required to interact with our diners.
We have a kitchen driven by research, innovation and curiosity. If you join our team you will be part of something progressive and creative, with a small team that genuinely cares about the restaurant and developing their skills. We cook over woodfire, work with whole animals and are focused on fermentation and preservation. This is a one of a kind restaurant looking for committed team players.
Please refer to our website - www.pastureakl.com - to find out about more about us.
What you can bring to the team
- Professional hot line cookery experience, preferably with significant experience in international starred kitchens/ top world restaurants
- Knowledge of cooking over fire, fermentation techniques and modern set menu cuisine
- Self-direction, motivation & ambition
- Ability to communicate positively and work under pressure in a small team
- Confidence to serve dishes and interact with customers and work in an open plan establishment
What we offer
- Competitive salary for fine dining with a small team culture
- Planned annual closures, including 2 weeks over Summer 18/19 and an upcoming 3 week closure in Winter 2018.
- The opportunity to learn from a talented team of chefs with a wealth of experience & progress your career in an exceptional restaurant
- Working daily alongside the head chef who owns the business and is committed to developing the team
We are hiring for a start date in July/August by negotiation - you must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. We are open Wed-Sun.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Your experience & CV must be aligned to this role