JOIN OUR TEAM - CURRENT VACANCIES june 2017
~ Chef De Partie ~ Restaurant Manager ~
CHEF DE PARTIE
We're looking for someone with a fine dining background, with a keen interest in our cuisine. Your fine dining background will mean you're a disciplined, hardworking and focused chef that understands the level we aim for, and what that takes to achieve.
Our ideal service manager is someone with experience running small teams and willing to invest in a hands-on approach to setting up, and running the Front of House systems. This role incorporates some administration such as stock management, ordering and overseeing one other staff member in service. The priorities of this position are:
1. Owning the floor and taking absolute pride in the presentation of the restaurant, FOH processes and running a smooth, excellent service.
2. Designing and delivering our wine/drinks pairings for our set menu and our drinks list. A passion for natural wines is essential, as is experience in bar techniques, wine list development and procurement, and an engaging, personable approach to delivering our pairings. 90% of our diners choose to do one of our pairings, so the ability to co-ordinate this is pivotal. Our head chef currently designs the Pasture pairings.
3. Working synergistically with the owners to take Pasture to the next level of excellence in service. This role is for someone who wants to work hard to make their mark in hospitality in Auckland and be supported by us to do so. The ability to communicate clearly and joining us with the knowledge you are part of a new team in our first year of operation is important. We're innovative, fast-paced and pursue excellence from ourselves and our team. We want someone dynamic who will relish the opportunities Pasture provides to be creative and push boundaries.
4. As a small business, a willingness to be involved in all aspects of service as a leader and a hardworking team member is essential.
Interested? Full info is below.
• Coordinates FOH activities and dining room set up, and runs beverage service.
• Deliver & develop our unique wine list and run wine service/beverage pairing.
• Confers with Head Chef to plan beverage pairing.
• Business development and analysis of FOH performance.
• Training & managing FOH staff and developing the service standards of Pasture.
We're a 20 seat restaurant that serves one menu and offers two pairing options as well as an innovative drinks list. We're fine dining but we rock an eclectic 80's music soundtrack and offer a more relaxed service style. We cook over fire, we push boundaries, and we ferment a lot of things. Pasture is owned by Ed & Laura Verner, who work alongside their team daily. We've just been named Auckland's Best New Restaurant and nominated for 6 other awards at Metro Top 50 2017. We're looking for someone to join us and take our service offering to the next level.
Our ideal Maitre D' will have:
- Experience in a fine dining environment.
- A genuine love of hospitality service & creating experiences for people.
- Passion for and knowledge of the restaurant industry.
- Good food and wine knowledge, and interest in natural wines.
- A desire to work in a professional, disciplined environment and small team.
- A drive for knowledge and career advancement.
- A long-term commitment to the position.
- A supportive, professional working environment in a small team of full-time staff, where you will be encouraged to learn and develop professionally.
- Goal-driven regular appraisals and opportunity to grow your salary as your input grows the restaurant.
- An opportunity to be part of one of Auckland's new restaurants that is making waves in the industry for being brave, passionate and our values.
- Regular closure periods for annual leave during July and December.
The list of essential stuff... Qualifications and skills
• A minimum of 6 years experience within the hospitality industry
• Experience in a similar environment of fine dining at a service
management level, including the curation and selection of wines
• Current Duty Managers/LCQ Certificate, and preferably Sommelier training
• Self starter, flexible, and able to work independently
• Ability to multi-task, and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast
paced environment and open plan restaurant
• Exceptional organizational skills and precision.
• Motivated to learn, energised by innovation and seek out new ideas
Our ideal new team member has also been thorough enough to read this last paragraph:
If you send us an application, please make it personal and demonstrate you know something about Pasture and what we do. We do not read beyond anything that begins with the words "Dear Sir/Madam". If you don't know about us, we have a website and social media, please check us out.
~ Any emails to Laura directly must have a specific cover letter, CV and references ~
As a front of house server, you will be working closely with the Service Manager and owners to ensure that you are part of a team dedicated to providing the best service possible, in a personable and professional atmosphere. You will be expected to:
Have 2 years experience in high-end hospitality, and bar techniques
Have a genuine passion for exciting, innovative drinks and wine
Be punctual and reliable
Develop knowledge & understanding of ingredients and techniques used in the menu
Develop knowledge and understanding of wine and other beverages
Be approachable and friendly
Communicate clearly and effectively
Work efficiently and mindfully across all aspects of FOH including polishing, cleaning down and set up.
Hours are between 35-45 hours per week from 5pm or later, depending on the bookings.
Contact Laura@pastureakl.com for the full job description and to apply.